At DSW, we feel our customers are our heroes.
You are sailors, surfers, divers, adventurers, captains, and connoisseurs. You’ve watched the sun rise and set in every corner of the world, been caught in storms, rode huge waves, got stung by jellyfish, caught delicious marlin, and been arrested skinny dipping.
We love hearing our people’s stories. Even if they add 10 knots to every squall, 10 feet to every wave, and 10 degrees to every hot day… this is the spice. We want to hear your story so bad that we are going to give you $100 in merchandise if you let us help you tell it.
How would you like to give new life and create more memories by sharing your most riveting adventure stories? We are all dying to hear what's in that head of yours and we're ready to listen. So we are introducing
🎆 🎆 Adventure time - your short stories 🎆 🎆
How it Works:
1. Submit your ocean or beach adventure story.
2. We will publish it on our blog and social media channels. We will hashtag the dickens out of it and make sure to link all your profiles, so people can discover your mastermind.
3. You get $100 to spend at DSW online.
4. Connect to like-minded people and follow each other on social media - you never know whom you're going to meet and collaborate with later.
5. Rinse and repeat if you wish and/or reap the benefits of new found fans, friends and fellow enthusiasts.
And then we vote...
6. For the best story in 2019!!! Prizes and awards to be announced....
Adventure Time Stories Specs
What makes for a good short story? Follow these tips and we're likely to publish your work.
1. Every story needs a beginning, a middle and an end.
2. Your short stories should be no less than 600 words in length.
3. Your short story should be your own and not someone else's written work or account. We all want authenticity and we will not publish plagiarized work. Plus, that's just wrong! You may substitute real names with made up names or nicknames; otherwise, keep it real!
4. Your story should NOT be fiction. It should be a real account of what happened to the best of your knowledge and memory. Fiction is great, but this isn't what we are all after here.
5. Make it fun, but clean - no profanity.
6. Email your short stories to email@example.com. Include the following: Your first and last name, address, date and location of your story, pictures associated with the story, your social media accounts, any specific hashtags you'd want us to use and anything else you think is pertinent. We will not share your information with anyone else. That will be up to you!
7. Give us permission to publish your story.
Adventure Time Stories Topics Ideas
- Beach adventures
- Ocean adventures
- Coastal living
- Beach family vacations
- Beach romantic vacations
- Secluded beach getaways
- Having fun on the water (ocean, sea, lake, river, etc)
- Anything with water sports - boating, sailing, parasailing, diving, SUP, kayaking, swimming, ocean fishing, etc
- Do you belong to a sailing club, rowing club, or any other water-based club? If so, perhaps you have a few experiences to share...
- Up close encounters with marine life 😱
- The story can be scary, fun, unbelievable, painful.... as long as it's your own experience, then we want all the emotions to be involved.
Adventure Time Stories Example
For some inspiration on short stories, check out our very first adventure story as an example. It took this fan 30 minutes to write it. :)
And at this point, we are right around 600 words. 👍
So about a page of writing (an hour worth of work) for $100 bucks. Not bad at all!
And guess what, shipping is FREE on all orders over $100, so you got that covered too! :)
Now, you see, there ain't nothing to it. Go forth and carp this diem.